Use the following data for this quiz
|Age in months
- _______ Calculate the slope of the best fit (also known at least squares) line for the data.
- _______ Calculate the y-intercept of the best fit line.
- ______________ What does the y-intercept represent physically in this model?
- ______________ Is the correlation positive, negative, or neutral?
- _______ What is Marlin's predicted weight at 23 months?
- _______ What is Marlin's predicted weight at 480 months?
- _______ What is the predicted age in months at which Marlin weighed 18 pounds?
- _______ What is the predicted age in months at which Marlin will weigh 180 pounds?
- _______ Calculate the linear correlation coefficient r for the data.
- ______________ Is the correlation none, low, moderate, high, or perfect?
- _______ Calculate the coefficient of determination.
- _______ What percent of the variation in age in months conception explains the variation weight?
- ______________ What do you think happened to Marlin between the 12th and 18th month?
Lee Ling home
COM-FSM home page